Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crockpot Hungarian Goulash

This recipe is one of my favorite since it reminds me of my favorite dish at the Brauhaus restaurant.

2 lbs round steak or venison steak, cubed
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
I add curry powder since that is my favorite. Maybe 1/2 tsp. or more
1 can tomato soup (I use 1 pint home-made tomato soup)
1/2 soup can water
1 cup sour cream

Put meat into crockpot. Mix powders and flour and stir into meat. Add all remaining ingredients except the sour cream. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Add sour cream and warm for 30 min.
Serve over Noodles or Spaetzle.

I always make Spaetzle for this recipe since it goes so well together and they are very fast to make. I do have a Spaetzle maker that I bought at http://www.lehmans.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment