Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Dessert

I feel guilty posting this on my nourishing blog since clearly this dessert is not nourishing, but I am not above sneaking the occasional sweet treat. When eating a treat there are several ways to still make good choices (i.e. no hydrogenated fats), choosing homemade over store-bought, if they have lots of sugar its better if they have lot of fat to make the sugar get in your bloodstream faster.....

So here goes a dessert that is to-die for and makes the cut of being worth it!

2 1/2 cups crushed organic butter-flavor crackers (not quite one box)
1/2 cup sugar (I used rapadura)
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups cold milk (I used half and half)
2 pkg. (3.4 oz each) instant vanilla pudding
1 can (15. oz.) solid pack pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9x13. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 min. Stir in pumpkin and spices. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped cream and nuts if desired.

(Source: Taste of Home)

This is a great thing to bring to a potluck or make for a party otherwise you will be tempted to eat the whole thing yourself!!!

(I suppose to make it more nourishing I could make my own vanilla pudding to use in this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment