Friday, April 9, 2010

100% Whole Wheat Bread Recipe

This recipe is adapted from the www.urbanhomemaker.com site. I am not happy about using the dough enhancer, but without it it does not rise nearly as well. I will update this listing when I figure out how to improve it.

Bread Machine:

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbps. coconut oil
3 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp. dough enhancer
3 Tbsp. vital gluten
1 1/2 tsp. SAF instant yeast

1. Pour water into bread machine. Add the honey and coconut oil ( I don't melt the oil, it just melts when I add it to the warm water.)

2. Mix flour, salt, dough enhancer and gluten in a bowl. Add gently on top of water in the machine. Make a dent in the flour for the yeast.

3. Add yeast and start machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment